Create Your Own Coloring Pages!
Would you like to create your own coloring pages? Wouldn't it be fun to have a place to display your pages? A place where others could go to print them? Well, there is such a place, and that place is right here!
Scroll to the end of this page to see everyone's contributions. To download, right click on the image and choose "Save as". Name it so that you can easily find it, then save. Open it, and commence coloring!
Here a few guidelines to follow to ensure the Coloring Page you created is posted:
1. Only family-friendly drawings will be accepted.
2. The drawings must be black line drawings on a white background so others can color them.
3. All drawings submitted should be your own artwork, not a copy of someone else's work or commercial pages.
How I Create My Own Coloring Pages
You might already have a method you use to create your own coloring pages. This is how I create my designs:
1. I draw the original sketch with a "non-photo" pencil. Lines drawn with this pencil are highly resistant to scanning. They can be found in an Art Store.
2. Next, I trace over the lines I like with black art markers. The brands I prefer are Micron and Prismacolor. These come in varying thicknesses and create nice clean lines. For most of my coloring pages I use fine line markers. For Beginner pages I use thicker markers - usually a Sharpie.
3. Then, I lightly erase any visible pencil lines I don't like. This is because I have found that, even though the non-photo pencil is resistant to scanning, heavily penciled areas will create a bit of a smudge. I use a kneaded eraser because it doesn't scrub the paper.
4. Time to scan! I use the Microsoft Publisher program to scan my drawings. I like this program because it has a lot of very user-friendly tools - perfect for a non-techie like myself! There are other programs that can be used, including ones that can be downloaded for free! One of these is Paint.Net. It takes some time to get to know the program you choose. Some have tools that allow you to crop, erase unwanted marks, add a border, etc. You also have to play around with the scanner settings. Most allow you to adjust the resolution and lightness of your drawing.
5. Once I'm satisfied with the look of my drawing, I save it. For the purpose of uploading it here, it must be saved as a type of file called a .jpg.
How to Create Your Own Coloring Pages
1. Draw a picture. If you use a pencil, make the lines dark enough to be seen when scanned in or go over them with black thin-line marker.
2. Scan in your finished drawing and save it as a .jpg.
2. Use the form below to upload your picture and share it with the world! Follow the instructions to name your submission and upload your file.
3. You might like to say a little about yourself; such as what inspires you as an artist; the benefits of drawing and coloring; the uses you have found for coloring pages, etc. Don't forget to include your name so that you are recognized for your artwork!
4. Submit the form.
If the size of your picture is too big to upload, there is a re-sizing option. However, this does not always result in an acceptable size. I suggest you reduce it to a thumbnail size. I use Image Shack. Try the following:
1. Go to imageshack.com, and browse to locate your jpg file.
2. Choose the size. The one for web pages is best.
3. Next, hit the upload button.
4. When the new image appears, click on it to view it fully. If you like it, right click and choose "save as" to save it. I usually add "th" to the name to designate it as the thumbnail version. Image Shack even gives you the option to share your page on Social Networking sites, such as Twitter!
5. When uploading your page to my site, use this thumbnail version.
Share your Coloring Pages!
Would you like to share your Coloring Pages with the world? This is the place!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
How I Started Drawing
When I first started out drawing I drew hearts and flowers for a while. Then I started taking these art classes in school and we would learn how to 3D …
bored in the office
I like drawing and coloring in my spare time
From Sheri: Hi Michelle,
Thanks or sending this in. This page is for black and white designs that you …
I love t-shirts!
From Sheri - Thanks, J-Will! This would be fun for people to draw their own design on the t-shirt and then color it.
Fierce Tyrannosaurus Rex
I have an interest in dinosaurs and paleontology. This is my best drawing. And I would like to share it with you all. I hope you like it!
From Sheri …
I was bored, and I decided to make this a coloring page...enjoy!
Victoria Is Spreading the News About a New Resident
Victoria is excited about the news of a new resident in Fern Village. She stops to tell everyone on the farm.
"Have you heard the news? Katie …
Sailor Neptune aka Michiru
My character, Michiru.
Owl Not rated yet
Even though this drawing was submitted upside down, it was so cute I wanted to share it with everyone. Send some more if you like!
Best Wishes, …
Seattle Neighborhood Map Not rated yet
Seattle is a beautiful city with many neighborhoods, color your own map!
Octopus Not rated yet
I want to color this.
U.S. Air Force Not rated yet
It's the U.S. Air Force Symbol.
Helloo Kitty Not rated yet
Lucy Doll Not rated yet
Thank you for sharing, Louise. Boys and girls like crowns!
How to train your dragon1 Not rated yet
This is a coloring page of dragon drawn by Natalia from CZ. She is 6 years old. She loves dragons from the How to Train Your Dragon film.
Swirls and beyond Not rated yet
I was in the fourth grade when i created this. We were having indoor recess due to the poor weather. All of my friends and I love to draw so that is what …
PATTY LUVS YOU Not rated yet
Thank you for sharing your drawing with us!
tinkerbell Not rated yet
LOL I LOVE TINKERBELL
Thanks for sharing your interpretation of Tinkerbell. It's cool!
Remember Not rated yet
puppy Not rated yet
I like puppies!
Nilski konj Not rated yet
King Michael Jackson Not rated yet
age 20, used pencil
my dino Not rated yet
JUST MY MAGINATION
Katie's Arrival Not rated yet
Katie is going to be very happy living in Fern Village. Mr. McFern has made Katie a special home. She has a cozy blanket for sleeping downstairs. There …
Victoria's Invitation Not rated yet
Victoria stops to speak with Cardinal.
"Please tell everyone you can." said Victoria. "We're all gathering at Katie's new house to welcome …
Click here to write your own.
Spreading the News Not rated yet
Gracie and Peabody are sharing their news with everyone. There's going to be a new resident! Katie Rose is coming to live in Forest Proper. Everyone will …
Coloring Pages by Diane Not rated yet
Every good Ladybug deserves a Holiday!
Click here to write your own.
Return to Home Page from Create Your Own Coloring Pages